Following announcements both Sunday by the Prime Minister and Monday by the Premier of Victoria declaring drastic nationwide lockdowns in a bid to stop the spread of coronavirus, we would like to provide you with a further update on the visiting requirements at all Lifeview homes.
Effective 24 March 2020 we will be revising the current visiting hours we have in place. Visiting hours will be:
- Monday to Friday 2pm to 6pm
- Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays 1pm to 4pm
- All visitors must be off the premises by the end of the visiting hours i.e. 6pm and 4pm
In addition to this, all resident outings will cease immediately regardless of duration, destination and numbers. Outings will strictly be limited to essential medical appointments and each of these must be discussed prior and agreed to by the Resident Wellness Manager, and Residential Manager. The risk to resident health far outweighs any personal choice in this instance.
Precautionary measures for any resident displaying any single symptom, (fever, dry cough, runny nose, sore throat or shortness of breath) have been put into place and include:
- Isolation to their room.
- No visitors during this period.
- Close monitoring of their health.
This does not mean the resident has COVID-19 it is purely a precaution to ensure the safety of everyone.
The following measures, put into place last week, still apply but will continue to be reviewed and may change with very little notice as we comply with departmental and medical advice.
- Total visits are strictly limited to one per day with a maximum of two people. Visitors are limited to immediate social support (family, close friends) or professional service or advocacy at one time per day.
- All visits are strictly limited to one hour.
- Large group visits or gatherings, including social activities or entertainment are no longer permitted.
- You must practice social distancing including maintaining a distance of 1.5m between you and all others (including your loved one) in the home.
- Visits are to be conducted in the resident’s room only. Visits in communal areas are strictly prohibited.
- Visitors who have not been vaccinated against influenza (after 1 May 2020) will be refused entry to the home. You must have evidence of vaccination upon arrival.
- All visitors must be over the age of 18 years.
- Visitation outside stipulated hours is strictly by exceptional circumstances and requires prior manager approval/arrangement.
- All visitors must register and provide their contact details. You will also be asked specific questions to determine the potential risk of COVID-19.
- Upon arrival at the home, please proceed to the check point zone and remain there until you have met with the designated check point employee on duty.
- A clearance process will be undertaken including specific questions to determine the potential risk of COVID-19.
- The clearance process will also include a temperature check, hand sanitiser application and provision of surgical mask (where stock permits). It is a condition of entry. Failure to comply with these requirements will result in refusal of entry.
- Access to the building is via the main front door only.
- Visits to and from all school/children groups has ceased.
We also ask the following:
- When visiting you use the visitor bathrooms only – using your family member’s en suite increases the risk of infection to them.
- Once your visit is complete, you take the most direct route to the exit, do not stop to chat with other residents or staff, or visit any other parts of the home and leave your loved one in their room.
- Please place used face masks into the bin provided and sanitise your hands prior to exit.
Compliance with all measures put into place to protect your loved ones, yourself and the loved ones of others is compulsory – those who flaunt these precautions will be restricted from from visiting.
We appreciate these are unprecedented times and that COVID-19 will continue to change the way we live. We understand that these restrictions may be upsetting for some, but we need to keep those entrusted into our care as safe as we can, and we seek your cooperation and understanding to do this.
We will continue to keep you abreast of further developments/changes. Please do not hesitate to contact management should you require further clarifications.
Please take care, continue to practice social distancing and stay well.
Our View: Lifeview is trusted, respected, consumer focused, inclusive and innovative