HR Coordinator (Generalist)
Location: South Eastern Suburbs
- Strong focus on Return to Work and OH&S
- Part-time position (Multi-site Operations) 3-days per week
- Outstanding written and verbal communication
- Work close to home in Melbourne’s eastern and south eastern suburbs
An award winning, Rainbow Tick accredited, aged care provider; Lifeview operates four homes in Melbourne’s south eastern suburbs. We pride ourselves on not only the care of residents but also the creative and inspiring lifestyle programs we deliver - it’s all about overall quality of life.
We have number of exciting new developments in the pipeline, including Lifeview Marigold a LGBTIQ and friends home in Prahran. All new developments feature innovative technologies and designs, with a focus on improving resident wellness and outcomes.
Lifeview’s vision is upheld by implementing our four L.I.F.E. Principles: Laugh, Integrity, Focus and Engage, which create our culture of encouraging social interaction and enjoyment within a warm and caring environment.
We are looking for a motivated, dedicated and proactive HR Coordinator - Generalist, with a focus on return to work and OH&S to join our People & Culture team.
About the role:
- Assisting with day-to-day operations of generalist HR functions and duties
- Providing HR clerical and administrative support
- Assisting the Executive Manager – People & Culture with various projects
- Processing and managing Workers Compensation claims for Lifeview
- Assisting the Payroll Officer in PIAWE calculations
- Developing, implementing and negotiating injury management plans and monitoring their progress
- Providing advice and assistance to injured staff and managers / supervisors on the return to work and injury management process
- Maintaining contact with injured staff, supervisors and treating medical practitioners and other stakeholders to monitor progress of a claim against the agreed return to work goal
- Liaising with the insurer with regards to development of Injury Management Plans and operational aspects of the claim
- Providing advice and assistance to managers of OH&S requirements across the sites
- Attending case conferences and/or conciliations with the Executive Manager – People & Culture and other key stakeholders as required
- Performing payroll duties in the absence of payroll officer
- Developing and providing accurate payroll reports to managers as and when required
- Assisting with Award interpretations and pay rate calculations
- Performing any other duties as required and as appropriate for the incumbent’s level of competence
- Minimum 2 years experience in processing and managing Workers Compensation claims
- Minimum 2 years experience in payroll processing
- Relevant formal qualifications
- Sound knowledge of OH&S legislation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interpret and apply Award and relevant Agreements
- Pursues work with passion, energy and need for completion
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to build trust and respect among staff members
- Organises and prioritises work
- Takes responsibility for actions
- Deliver services accurately and on time
- Attention to detail
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft packages, in particular Excel
- Exceptional customer service skills and a key focus, passion and ability to drive this in an aged care environment
- Flexibility to travel to different Lifeview residences with short notice
The successful incumbent will enjoy benefits such as:
- Supportive, friendly team and great, fun working environment
- Reward and recognition program
- State-of-the-Art Staff wellness program
- Education and career opportunities
Please visit our Facebook and Instagram to pages to find out more about the programs on offer at Lifeview.
The successful applicants will have the benefit of working with a great group of people whilst having fun. Lifeview is a progressive organisation built on hard work and is proud of its passionate people. If you’d like to work for an organisation that truly values your contribution and you’re ready to make a difference, then forward a cover letter highlighting why you are suitable for this role and your CV via the apply button.
Please note: only short listed candidates will be contacted regarding the next phase of the selection process. To those applicants not short listed, we extend our appreciation for considering Lifeview Residential Care as a potential employer.
Lifeview is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all people into its homes. Lifeview is also LGBTI friendly for residents and staff.
Our View: Lifeview is trusted, respected, consumer focused, inclusive and innovative