Location: Emerald (Victoria)
- Work close to home in the Dandenong Ranges (Emerald)
- Permanent Part-time
- Friendly team and great working environment
- Education, training and career opportunities
An award winning, Rainbow Tick accredited, aged care provider, Lifeview operates four homes in Melbourne’s south eastern suburbs. We pride ourselves on not only the care of residents but also the creative and inspiring lifestyle programs we deliver - it’s all about overall quality of life.
This vision is upheld through our four L.I.F.E. Principles: Laugh, Integrity, Focus and Engage, which create our culture of social interaction, and enjoyment, within a warm and caring environment.
We are seeking an experienced Housemate to work at our Emerald home. Reporting to the Residential Manager, you will be working closely with your team to build collaborative relationships and prioritise tasks. You will demonstrate superior clinical ability and excellent verbal, and written communication skills, for accurate documentation. A can-do attitude will ensure your success in this role.
Lifeview provides a more relaxed and homely environment for residents through its relationship based model of care – Home2Home. Home2Home enables residents to choose what time they rise, have breakfast and get dressed, to what they want to do with their day. This model of care requires multi-skilled staff who are agile and willing to replace the rigid, task-centred structure of the average facility day, and where staff are encouraged to sit with residents to have a cup of tea and a chat or to organise activities around craft, cooking or anything residents are interested in doing.
We are looking for people with carer experience who are passionate about improving the quality of life of all residents and can help them to enjoy every day of their life. We would like to meet you if you are currently a carer or you were a carer for your loved one, as we value your commitment and sacrifice.
You must be prepared to:
- Commit to an induction program and any other training requirements as required by the position
- Commit to working a number of shifts as dictated by the roster as a minimum
We are looking for Housemates / Carers who:
- Have an ability to engage with residents and have a compassionate attitude
- Hold a Cert 111 in aged care with demonstrated experience post work placement
- Are a team player who enjoys having FUN at work
- Willing to multi-task and be multi-skilled
- Open minded
- Outcomes driven
- People who are passionate about aged care
- Exceptional time management skills and attention to detail
- Please note: You must be vaccinated against COVID-19 to work in aged care
Then you can enjoy benefits such as:
- Friendly fun team environment
- Reward and recognition program
- Education and training
- Career opportunities
Please visit our Facebook and Instagram pages to find out more about the programs on offer at Lifeview.
The successful applicants will have the benefit of working with a great group of people whilst having fun. Lifeview is a progressive organisation built on hard work and is proud of its passionate people. If you’d like to work for an organisation that truly values your contribution and you’re ready to make a difference, then forward a cover letter and your CV via the apply button.
Please note: only short listed candidates will be contacted regarding the next phase of the selection process. To those applicants not short listed, we extend our appreciation for considering Lifeview as a potential employer.
Lifeview is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all people into its homes. Lifeview is also LGBTI friendly for residents and staff.
Our View: Lifeview is trusted, respected, consumer focused, inclusive and innovative